Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Purple Fantasy


Many a days have I lived since the death of my Purple Fantasy, my beloved purple '99 Plymouth Voyager. I longed for the day that I could take it to Canada or Mexico, but it died two weeks before I left for Spring break this March.

It was snowing in Salem, in March... MARCH!!!! and I ran to touch it in all of its glory and to feel its crystallized embrace upon my upraised hands. Many shouts and men were running around at 11:27 that night as Davidson jumped alive on the Monday night in which it turned 30 below. I couldn't hold the JOY inside as I ran and frolicked a muck in the parking lot, now filled with pajama wearing 18-21 year olds. I shouted, "To Farrar!!", the rival man dorm on campus, to express our joy with them as well. 14 barefoot men scrambled into the Purple Fantasy for its last voyage....
To be continued...

No comments: